domenica 4 novembre 2007

...about feeds and feed aggregators

Hi everyone!


Okay, I have to confess that, this time, I was very worried about the e-tivity. I couldn't come to the lessons last week because I'm in Germany right now. When I read our task for the first time I just thought I wouldn't ever be able to cope with bloglines. I mean, even the word "feed aggregator" sounds scary to me, and it did even more so when I first read the post.

But now, I have to say that it wasn't so bad after all. The video guide was very easy to understand and so it was to create the feed aggregator. So again, I improved my computer skills (I guess) and I explored a new section of the blogsphere.

Anyway, it seems to be a very well organized way to check on the blogs you're interested in. I think it turns out to be very useful regarding our peers' blogs because, now, I just have to go to bloglines and I can see if you (my group members) already posted the e-tivity and then I can go to comment on the post. It saves a lot of time, actually, doesn't it!?

I don't have to check each blog to see if there's something new for me to read.
I mean, I'm enjoying myself more and more doing those online activities but I'm very thankful there's a way to save some time. You know, it already takes a lot of time for me to write the post as I never learned how to write using ten fingers ;-).
I absolutely have to learn that.....

See you soon.

Caroline

4 commenti:

Alesssia L. ha detto...

Hi Caroline,

I have to confess that I felt exactly as you did when I read the task of e-tivity 4...the names related to ICT are always so high-sounding but actually (in most cases) the tools they stand for are not so difficult to use! Moreover, the instructions were clear and I managed to do it without any problem.

I found them useful because you don’t waste your time clicking on websites or blogs which hadn’t been updated. But unfortunately, I realised that you can have access only to the blog/webpage and therefore you can’t read or write a comment from bloglines. That’s a pity because the benefits are somehow limited but, anyway, I should not be too demanding!

Let me know what you think about it!


Love

Alessia

Eleonora ha detto...

Hi Caroline!
It was very interesting to read your message since I had the same problem as you; I was not in the lab on Wednesday so I was pretty scared when I read what “e-tivity 4” was about..J But then everything turned out to be quite easy; the video was very clear and the steps were explained very well…so I felt proud when I managed to do the task!!
I also find feed aggregators useful and of course they allow us to save a lot of time; now we do not need to check every single blog anymore to see if our peers have posted their “homework”. It is great, isn’t it?!?
You are right, writing with 10 fingers is not so easy at all…maybe because we grew up with “pens and papers” and we started using the computer just 5 or 6 years ago…You should see my cousin…he is only six and he types 10 times faster than me!! ;-)

Ok, enjoy your staying in Berlin (what a wonderful city!)and see you in class!

Bye
Eleonora

Crazy Journalist ha detto...

Hi Caroline

well, I wouldn't worry much about the 10 fingers thing if I were you... :) I guess writing on a pc board using more than the forefingrs is somethiing that just comes out of habit, and with exercise. One trick I used to improve my skills in this sense is this: you take a book or a piece of writing you like, place it on your desk, and start writing away copying the text.
It's a weird exercise, but it sure helps!
I got it from a movie based broadly on the life of J.D. Salinger, I don't remember the name of the movie, you know, that one with Sean Connery starring as Salinger himself... And then this black teenager (who is a promising young writer) and Connery become sort of friends and he gives the kid some advice about how to become a great writer...
Well one of the tricks was this one I told you about. In the movie it is used as a way to overcome writer's block and the fear of the blank page, but whatever...
Let me know if it works for you ;)

See you

Nina ha detto...

Hi Caroline,
I agree with you, it does save a lot of time to use the feeds, etc.

Too bad we can't check the comments as well. I guess nothing is perfect. On the other hand though, at least it gives us a reason to visit each other's blogs once in a while so the afford of making it all pretty wasn't worthless:)

I agree with you on the ten finger typing problem. I've been trying to learn it for ages now and still just about six working now:( I'll try to use Enrico's style then as well..we'll see!

see you tomorrow in class! nina